- Roll up the sleeves and wear them loose over bermuda shorts for a casual look. This look works especially well with white blouses with a longer and looser fit and a bit a detail (left: Alice + Olivia) or even a baby doll cut (right: Burberry Prorsum).
- Have you ever wondered how to wear those very pretty skirts with details at the waist? Pair them tucked in with a plain clean cut white blouse of course! It shows off the details at the waist and goes well with the style of the skirt without taking the attention away form it. Wearing a plain t shirt would've been too casual, but anything fancier would be too much. I've thought about this a lot because I have something similar to the gold skirt above (left: Paul and Joe, right: See by Chloe).
- For something more formal and business casual, go for the power woman look by contrasting your white blouse with high-waisted black skirts and black pumps. Details can be added to either the white blouse or the black skirt, to add just a touch of style and femininity to the strong look. i.e. a balloon sleeved blouse with a plain high waisted black skirt (left: Moschino) and a plain white blouse with a black belt (which creates a high-waisted effect) and frilly hemmed skirt (right: Fendi). Note the high-waisted look in both cases that makes this look work.
- For business casual there is of course the white blouse with dress pants (and yes I do know that these blouse are not white). This is the easiest look because it works with all styles of blouses from crisp simple ones to fancy frilly ones (above: both from Paul and Joe). Pull the look together and accent your waist with a belt.
- Then you can also tuck it into tailored bermuda shorts instead of leaving it out for a more ladylike look. I am just LOVING the white blouse left and the whole look. This was actually the white blouse that inspired this whole post! The details are just so pretty and fun. The white blouse on the right, can also be worn this way, although of course, such short shorts are not quite office appropriate. (left: See by Chloe, right: Michael Kors)
- Lastly, wear them underneath dresses! It totally gives your dress a whole new look. I especially love how they paired the bubble sleeves blouse with the shiny black strapless dress, its so different and yet it works so well! Obviously this look works best with simple clean cut blouse with perhaps details on the sleeves and collar (but definitely not on the front, that would just add bulk and you won't even be able to see it underneath!) (left: See by Chloe, right: Paul and Joe).
6 Ways to Wear the White Blouse SS07
This season, take the white blouse out from under the suit/sweater/vest and try something new. You can always simply pair them with jeans, but here are a few other cool suggestions: